Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Review: Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum

Recently I started to break into my skincare haul that I brought back from Korea. One of the first few products I used was the Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum.



Here is what the serum is suppose to do (From Biotherm's website):
With 3x more concentrated in thermal plankton cellular water and mannose, Aquasource deep serum is a deep moisture and light concentrate that leaves skin deeply bound with water: plump, fresh and silky.

BENEFITS
- Skin feels deeply hydrated, quenched, looks more luminous, looks healthier in 92% of women
- Skin looks illuminated from within, full of life in 90% of women
- Skin looks more supple, revitalized, of better quality for 95% of women

This item came in a set that I had purchased from Shilla Duty Free at Incheon Airport. It is housed in a 50ml glass bottle. I really like the packaging and how the serum is in a pump bottle instead of a droplet bottle. I tend to only use a pump and a half for my entire face.



As you can see the serum comes out as a light pearly liquid. It has a marine sea scent to it but once the serum is applied to the skin, the scent disappears. So far, my skin has no breakout reaction to this serum. I love how easily it can be applied and it also absorbs quickly into my skin.



I really love how the serum does not make my skin feel sticky afterwards. It is quite smooth and very hydrating. It does plump up my skin and make it luminous, however the luminous part does not last very long.
So far I can only find two downsides to this product. 1) The product is hard to get your hands on. They have it available in Asia. I think you can find it on Amazon but on U.S. Biotherm's website, they do not have this product. Either they repackaged it and call it something else or they do not carry it.
2) The scent on this product is quite strong. It really smells like the sea. Now this does not bother me but for others, this might be a deal breaker. Fortunately the scent disappears after about a minute on the skin.


If you are in need of a hydrating serum and are able to get to a Biotherm counter, definitely try this product out!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I def want to get this next time I'm at duty free in Korea! Good size bottle too!

    ReplyDelete